Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving


For Thanksgiving this year, we headed out to the traditional family gathering of aunts, uncles and cousins in the not so traditional location of Carlsbad. Unfortunately for us, we underestimated thanksgiving day traffic. After 2 1/2 hours in the car, we were in Anaheim in the midst of never ending stop and go traffic and 60 miles to go. We took a family vote and decided to head home and have a non-traditional Thanksgiving. We ate aebleskeevers, a family favorite, for dinner and had a great day.


We returned to tradition the following day and headed to the beach with three extra kids in tow. The Busco children accompanied us to give their parents an easy day with their one week old sister. It was a beautiful day at the beach. It was a little nippy, but that didn't stop the kids from going in the water!

3 comments:

  1. It was so fun, but the water was cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had aebleskivers for thanksgiving! that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were very yummy too. I think I helped make them.

    ReplyDelete