Sunday, December 6, 2009

Falling into December


Yes, I know that it is December. I know that the rest of you have already completed the fall activities, the leaves have fallen and your trees are bare. But around here, we are in the thick of fall. The leaves (the ones that will change) are slowly turning colors and falling to the ground. One of my friends has a large tree next to her house. Her gardeners weren't able to come last week. As a result, her yard was covered in crisp red and gold leaves. We decided we needed a taste of fall.
I went with another friend, Karalee Newberry, and her son. Since it was early day for the elementary school, my older children weren't present. First we raked the leaves into a big pile. Then we ran and jumped into the pile. Then it was time for a good old fashioned leaf fight. We threw the leaves and had a grand time with nature's homegrown entertainment. We finally cleaned up by creating a "wall" border around the edge of her lawn. It was a great afternoon in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment