Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not Too Shabby....anymore

Since Jayd and Gabe's current bedroom was the "garage" for 10 years, I had never found the time or motivation to put curtains in the room.  The previous residents removed all the window treatments before leaving, so there weren't any curtains/blinds in the room.  At the time, my only consideration was to protect things in the room from the sunlight, and to provide a small measure of privacy.  So I quickly grabbed an old fitted sheet, cut it into squares that would cover the windows and hung them up with nails.  The sheets stayed up performing their lackluster duty for 10 years.  Now that we have properly converted that room back into a bedroom, I thought that more fitting window dressings could be arranged.  So I made some cornice boxes (these are very fancy terms for me) and put up some curtains.  I like them very much, they are simple, yet a little elegant and perfect for a boys room.

No comments:

Post a Comment