On Thursday, I was able to rent a bike. I was very grateful for small blessings, the bike shop was closed, but when I went there, the owner happened to be there for a meeting. He was willing to lock the bike up outside for me to use, and have me lock it back up when I was done. I was so grateful that it worked out. So Thursday afternoon, I took a lovely ride downtown and followed the historical trail around the city. There are so many historic houses downtown. Some of them have been converted to offices, but a large portion of them have been donated to the historical society. Unfortunately, none of them were open. But I enjoyed the buildings and the beautiful gardens that surrounded nearly every one.
Then on a beautiful sunny Friday, I rode along the coast to Fisherman's Wharf, and Cannery Row. I saw beautiful scenery, a rich blue ocean that contrasted and clashed with the dark rocks of the coastline, lined by historic Victorian homes. It was really very beautiful. We went out to dinner every night and sampled the local cuisine.
On Saturday, Jeff was finished with his meetings, and we needed to return home. We drove down 17 mile drive for more sweeping vistas of the rugged Northern California coastline. Then we followed Highway 1 down the coast for about half of the drive home. We watched the sun paint brilliant streaks of all colors across the sky as it set over the ocean.





No comments:
Post a Comment