Sunday, May 12, 2013

Prom 2013

Yesterday was the Mormon Prom.  Maddie went with her long time friend, Josh Zoller.  Some of you may have known him in a 5 year old form of Joshie, her best friend.  We lived across the street from the Zollers many years ago and Maddie and Joshie played together every day.  Of course, his mother and I planned the day that they would go to prom together, but as we moved away and the friendship faded, so did our plans.
Yet, here they are!  We were thrilled to see that their friendship could stand the test of time and see them go to prom together.
The theme for the prom was "Vintage Hollywood".  Maddie wore a Civil War Era dress complete with hoops skirts and gloves.  I put my foot down on the corset claiming that no one would want to wear a corset to a dance!  Josh donned a few extras to his outfit to take him back to the 1920's.  They looked very cute together.  Maddie seemed to be the coordinator for their group, which consisted of her friends Cali, Jordan, Alyssa and Jack.  They all had a great time.



I am so grateful that our area has a Mormon Prom every year.  It is a great opportunity for all the kids to get together and have some clean and modest fun. 

1 comment:

  1. very cute. I was bugging maddie for pictures, but she claimed she didn't know how to send them! Josh looks the same!
    jenny

    ReplyDelete