

I took Allie and Gabe to Frightfest at Magic Mountain on Friday night. Allie and Gabe were a little aprehensive about going to Frightfest. I
took them there 4 years ago and they did not like the ghouls, zombies
and monsters. But I thought that 4 years of maturity would help them
get past the fear. We arrived a little early for Frightfest, and spent the time going on some of our favorite rides. Then, at 7:00, the ghouls came out. It was very fun. As I predicted, Allie and Gabe were not afraid of the zombies, they would defiantly look at them and just tell them to go away. There were "scare zones" corridors through the park where the zombies hung out. There were often black lights and fog machines to create an air of mystery. The zombies/ghouls would sneak up to you and often jump right in front of you with their face in your face. Gabe didn't like them invading his personal space. I thought it was very fun to see the creative costumes. There were ghouls on stilts, some had clackers on their shoes to make a loud noise when they lunged at you. Others had special knee pads that would send out sparks as they slid across the sidewalk towards you. It was very creative and fun. We also enjoyed going on the rides in the dark. They didn't turn on the spotlights, so it was much darker on the rides. Maybe it was an illusion, but it felt like the rides were even going faster in the dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment