About two years ago, California Adventure opened Cars Land, a new section of the park that was entirely dedicated to the Cars movie. Since we had season passes during most of the construction, but not during the grand opening, I was very interested in seeing the new area. I happened to have some tickets, so we went in December, of 2013, to go on the new ride, Radiator Springs Racers. We went straight there upon entering the park, only to discover that it wasn't working!! I was sorely disappointed, so I complained to customer service. Since the park had only been open 10 minutes, they gave us free passes to come back on a day of our choice. I was quite impressed by their generosity. We went back last week, and were thrilled to find that the racers were up and running. We went on the ride 3 times. First, we went on a tour of Radiator Springs and shared in Lightening McQueen's adventures. Then we raced with another car around the track (by the way, the car on the right always wins!). It was great fun.
Also, since we waited to come back, we were able to attend Frozen Fun! There were a variety of activities. We met the princesses, Ana and Elsa. Gabe decided to be the photographer so he wasn't in the picture, but he was willing to take a picture with Olaf. We went to the Snow Fest where they had real snow for playing, and even a sled run. Despite Gabe's protests, we even went to the Frozen Sing-A-Long for a quick rendition of the plot along with all of the songs. I even caught Gabe singing during Olaf's song.We went on nearly every ride in the park, including California Screaming and Hollywood Tower of Terror twice. We had a great day together reliving old memories and making a few new ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment