
With all the sewing I have been doing for other projects over the summer, I just wasn't that into halloween this year. Gabe wanted to do a theme from a video game with one of his friends, and Allie was going to wear her costume from last year. I made my costume for the volleyball tournament, and I thought that I was done for the year. But then I discovered something about myself. I really like dressing up! I always said it was for the kids, but no, I couldn't do it, I could not go to the ward halloween party as myself. So with 24 hours left to go, I decided to make costume for Jeff and I. I just went simple, Sugar and Spice. Allie thought it was so cute, she wanted to join us, so I quickly added Everything Nice to our theme. We were very cute (when together), and had a good time at the ward halloween party.

Halloween night the kids went trick or treating with their friends. Again, I felt like I was missing an important part of the holiday! Since we don't get trick or treaters, I couldn't face the concept of just sitting at home and missing the holiday celebration. So for a mini-date, Jeff and I went around to see some of the creatively decorated houses in the city. There was a really scary one, complete with skelton projections on the window that really looked like skeletons trapped inside the house. Another was completely decked out like pirates of the carribean. It was a really fun, simple and satisfying way to celebrate the holiday without trick or treaters.
No comments:
Post a Comment