Saturday, June 27, 2009

When we moved seven years ago, I was very sad to leave my plum, apricot and orange tree at my previous home. So I dutifully planted an orange, plum, apricot, peach and apple tree the first year we were here. The peach tree promptly died, as the others took root and began to grow. I replanted the peach tree the next year. It appeared to be following in it's predecessor's footsteps, but with some TLC it started to grow. Now, seven years later, I am in the process of ripping out the dead orange, apple, plum and apricot tree (it didn't die, but has never actually produced an apricot). But look at the gorgeous peaches on my peach tree! I am so happy to have one fruit tree that has really taken off. I will try again with the others next year, but for now, I will enjoy all of my peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment