Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yesterday, our ward made arrangements for us to go as a group to the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. We saw "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. It wound up being a crazy day, not only did all of the sports seasons end, every one of the kids teams wanted to have the team party yesterday. I had bought the tickets for the movie about a month ago. But through some fancy footwork and ticket swapping, we were to attend all of the team parties AND the movie....just not at the same time. Jeff and Maddie saw the show at 4:00, and Jayd and I went to the 7:00 showing (we thought Allie and Gabe were too young to go, it was a wise decision)
It was so much fun! The theater was very beautiful, it looked like a Broadway theater. We sat in the balcony. Prior to the show, there was a live performance with singing and dancing. The movie was marvelous. I really enjoyed it. The detail in the animation was exquisite. There were moments of surprise, suspense, and humor. My favorite aspect was the fact that they used the dialogue straight from the original book by Charles Dickens. And there were very few deviations from the book, it was almost exact. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone over 10. I did think it was too intense at times for young children. I was on the edge of my seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment