Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday Dresses??

I started working on the Easter dresses more than a week ago. I was so proud of myself, I was just going to work on them sporadically for 2 weeks until Easter. I would do a couple of seams here and then a few more there. I had the dresses about 1/3 completed on Friday, but I still had more than a week until Easter. That's when it dawned on me. Easter Sunday was General Conference. We don't get dressed for church for General Conference. What is the point of an Easter dress if you can't wear it on Easter? But I have to make dresses, it is a tradition. I thought about wearing them the week after Easter, but that seemed a little anti-climatic. So I decided to kick it into high gear and finish the dresses before Palm Sunday and wear them then. It wasn't easy, I worked on those dresses everywhere without stopping. I brought them to ward activities, and baseball games. Finally at 1:00 in the morning I was finished. Here they are, don't they look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment