Sunday, March 21, 2010

Side by Side Play

The construction on our garage is moving right along. The walls are up, the electrical is strung, the roof is solid and about half of the shingles are on. As the building structure continues to grow, so does the pile of construction discards in my front yard. The yard is littered with sawdust (somewhat resembling snow), nails (much more hazardous than sawdust), boards of all shapes and sizes along with misc other construction materials, most of which I don't even know what they are used for. However, I have forgotten the old addage "One's garbage may be another man's treasure." What the construction workers have viewed as trash and placed in a refuse pile, my children have regarded as an opportunity presenting itself. They have begun to construct some sort of fort in the front yard. I am not sure of the details, but they were hard at work the other night. They continued after dark, using Jeff's spotlight to provide light. I just laughed, snapped a few pictures, and figured if they were happy, then I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment