Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break Blues, Pinks, and Crystals

I have to admit, this hasn't been my best spring break. For starters, both of our computers have broken down. Jayd was really looking forward to spending the week in continuous Wii and computer play. I am not sure why he thought this, I told him it wasn't going to happen. It did make it easier to keep the kids off the computer, but I was a little lost without the computer as well! Monday, there was a scheduled power outage. We went to Magic Mountain to get out of the house, but after two hours, Gabe was complaining of a headache. So we headed home. He had a pretty good fever. On Thursday, my temporary crown fell out. The dentist was at a conference that day (of course!) so I had to buy tooth cement and put it back on myself. Not a pleasant experience, I wouldn't recommend it.
But I did manage to put together a very fun excursion for the family. We went to the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles. We went with several of our friends, the Buscos, the Harts, the Newberrys, and the Govers. It was quite a group! It was the free day, my favorite kind of day. We enjoyed all of the exhibits. The gem room was a favorite. It was full of crystals and geodes, and several cut gems. I was amazed to discover that there are lots of different colors of nearly every gem, pink and yellow sapphire, blue topaz, and even red diamonds! They were very beautiful. We also enjoyed the Discovery Room where we were able to play with some hands on exhibits. It was nice day to get out of the house, the highlight of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment