Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Apostolic Visit

Today we attended a special Stake Conference. Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve was there to speak to us. The last time an apostle came to Simi Valley was 22 years ago. We went 2 hours early to be sure to have a seat in the auditorium. He gave an amazing speech. At first he was more casual than he appears in General Conference, he seemed like a normal speaker. But as he started into his talk, you could just feel the power and the force of his words. He spoke of missionary work, the fall of Adam and Eve, the consequences the Fall brought, and the way to overcome them. He spoke of agency in a way I hadn't thought of before. It was inspiring and spellbinding. I felt like Martha at the feet of the Master, and I wished that it wouldn't end. Jayd stood out in the parking lot hoping to catch a glimpse of Elder Bednar. Just as I returned from taking the younger kids from a walk, Elder Bednar came out of the building. He did shake Jayd's hand, and asked him his name. Jayd was fairly pleased. I was just grateful to be in the same building as an apostle of the Lord and be able to be taught and instructed by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment