Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day Camp Everyday

We spent the week at Cub Scout Day Camp. It was so much fun!!My sister called me on Tuesday, and I told her that I was at Day Camp. She called me again on Wednesday and I said that I was at Day Camp. She was very confused, she said, "I thought you went to Day Camp yesterday!!" So I explained to her that it is a week long Scout camp. The reason it is called "Day" camp is because we go to our own homes to spend the night. There is really no camping involved at all. So really, it is like you are on vacation, you do fun activities all day, and come home so exhausted that you only have enough energy to watch TV for the rest of the day.
Gabe was our cub scout this year, he went as a Wolf. Allie was thrilled to be with the girls and one cute 5 year old boy in the sibling den. Maddie and Jayd were youth volunteers. Jayd was a little worried about all the work he had to do, but I think he managed to have plenty of fun. I was a den leader. I didn't know many of the boys in my den, but they turned out to be a great group of happy boys. They had plenty of fun activities for us to do. We sent off bottle rockets, climbed a rock wall, shot with bows and arrows, and even found some time to shoot a few rounds of BB guns. We played flag football, and ultimate frisbee. We learned to do the HAKA, a New Zealand Warrior dance. We made crafts and even cooked smores with the sun. It was busy, tiring, and exciting week to kick off our summer fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment