Sunday, January 15, 2012

Volleyball

Following my lead, volleyball has taken over the house. This week we earned the volleyball cub scout belt loop. We put up the net and had a very competitive game considering it was several of the boys first time playing volleyball. Jayd and a few other scout came to help teach the cubs. They were wonderful, I could tell that the cubs really looked up to them and respected them as they were learning.
Yesterday I played in my first volleyball tournament. It was very fun. We went to Cal State Los Angeles and spent the day playing, then sitting, then playing, etc. The schedule reminded me of the diving meets I attended back in highschool. I really had a great time. We only won one game, but I learned a lot about how to play the game, and had a few good plays. There was a group of 11 of us that went together and I really enjoyed spending the day with them talking, and playing. It was a lot of fun, and I hope to go again someday. As one of the ladies put it, "Whether you win or lose, any day of playing volleyball beats a day of housecleaning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment