Sunday, March 11, 2012

It just takes a little patience...


Sometimes a little patience and procrastinating pays off. You may be wondering why I am posting a picture of a Christmas tree in March. Well, that would be where the procrastinating and patience come in. I made this tree at Christmastime in 2010. I really liked the tree and the star at the top. It is made entirely from my children's handprints. But it just seemed like something was missing. I added the lights this year (christmas 2011), but something was still missing, there was just too much white space around the tree. I had a few ideas, but they just didn't seem be quite what I wanted. So I did do anything. Then I read in a magazine how to make your own stamps using puffy paint. AH HA! I finally had the inspiration that I had been procrastinating for! I asked each kid to draw a snowflake on a small block of wood. Then I traced them with puffy paint, and used them as stamps to make a nice background design. I am very pleased with the results and I think it will look great in my window....next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment