After school, I wanted to come take a picture with Maddie. When I talked with her, she didn't seem to know anything about the sign on her locker. I thought she was teasing me. She said that there was a sign a couple of lockers away from hers. I asked which one was her locker. She said it was 653!! I was astounded! I wasn't surprised that Jayd gave me the wrong number, but the key opened the locker!! So some poor confused person had a sign on the locker all day that wasn't for him/her. Maddie and I just had a really great laugh about it, although I did admonish her not to leave anything of value in her locker, apparently there are multiple keys and you never know when some unsuspecting mother might be snooping in your locker to post a sign for another student! (Luckily I am honest and didn't take the money from the locker)
Sunday, April 29, 2012
A Boomerang Surprise
Friday was Maddie's 16th birthday! I wanted to do something for her at school, but I knew that she would hate balloons, and I couldn't think of anything else to do. Finally, at 5:00 on Thursday night, I received the inspiration that I had been hoping for. I could decorate her locker! But I didn't know which one was her locker. Jayd thought it was #623, but he wasn't sure. So I asked him to give me his key to her locker. I knew if the key fit, then I must have the right locker. So I went early Friday morning, found the locker (it was near the classroom Jayd described), and tried the key. It opened on the first try. Bingo!! So I decorated her locker with a big "Happy Birthday Maddie" sign with balloons and streamers. It looked great. I was so excited for her to see it.
After school, I wanted to come take a picture with Maddie. When I talked with her, she didn't seem to know anything about the sign on her locker. I thought she was teasing me. She said that there was a sign a couple of lockers away from hers. I asked which one was her locker. She said it was 653!! I was astounded! I wasn't surprised that Jayd gave me the wrong number, but the key opened the locker!! So some poor confused person had a sign on the locker all day that wasn't for him/her. Maddie and I just had a really great laugh about it, although I did admonish her not to leave anything of value in her locker, apparently there are multiple keys and you never know when some unsuspecting mother might be snooping in your locker to post a sign for another student! (Luckily I am honest and didn't take the money from the locker)
After school, I wanted to come take a picture with Maddie. When I talked with her, she didn't seem to know anything about the sign on her locker. I thought she was teasing me. She said that there was a sign a couple of lockers away from hers. I asked which one was her locker. She said it was 653!! I was astounded! I wasn't surprised that Jayd gave me the wrong number, but the key opened the locker!! So some poor confused person had a sign on the locker all day that wasn't for him/her. Maddie and I just had a really great laugh about it, although I did admonish her not to leave anything of value in her locker, apparently there are multiple keys and you never know when some unsuspecting mother might be snooping in your locker to post a sign for another student! (Luckily I am honest and didn't take the money from the locker)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment