Sunday, January 27, 2013

The calm before, during and after the storm

This week was a nice slow moving week.  My dad visited on Monday and Tuesday.  I enjoyed talking with him on a wide range of subjects.  The kids enjoyed his presence as well since it generally means an increase of desserts.  After that, the rain came and we just spent the week doing normal every day type of activities.  It was a very peaceful week giving me an opportunity to reflect on the many blessings in my life.
I am so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  It is the focal point of my life.  I am grateful for the peace that it brings to my soul.  I am grateful for the comfort of knowing that our lives have a purpose and that there is more to come after we depart this earth.  I am grateful for the opportunity to repent and attempt to improve my life and the lives of others around me.  I may have moments when I want to pull my hair out, but I can truly say that I am happy.  I know that my Father in Heaven loves me, and really wants me to succeed.  He doesn't always give me what I think I want, but he gives me what I need to help me learn and grow.  I can't imagine what my life would be like without the gospel, nor do I want to.  It provides me with an anchor so that I can weather the storm and feel calm during all parts of it.  I am grateful for all that I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment