This week
my Grandma Sager passed away. After 90
years of bringing joy to all those who knew her, she has returned home. I am sad to loose her presence in my life,
but I am so happy for her. She was
satisfied with her earthly existence and ready to leave this life. I am confident that she is healthy and happy
in the next life surrounded by her mother, sisters and others that have gone
before her. Here are some of the things that I
remember about her.
She had a
very high pleasant voice. She seemed to
singe everything that she said.
Grandma's
garage sales were legendary. She
prepared for them all year and I always heard such wonderful things. One year I was went to her garage sale. I discovered that the wonderful thing about
Grandma's garage sale was Grandma. She
would talk to each customer and help them find things.
Grandma always had the biggest garden that I have ever seen.
Grandma was a fabulous cook. Every time I would stop by her house for a visit, she would feed me a home cooked meal, often with fresh vegetables from the garden. I especially loved her apple butter, sour cherry jam, and peanut butter rice krispie treats.
Grandma loved to tell stories. I always heard stories about when she was young and I loved to listen to her stories.
Grandma had an eye for antiques. Her houses were always full of antique furniture, rugs and knick knacks. going to her house was like walking into a museum.
This is a picture of when we went to visit her and my Grandpa in October 2011.
I will miss my Grandma Sager

No comments:
Post a Comment