Sunday, August 25, 2013

No Elementary School for Us

For the first time in over 10 years, I did not go to school on the first day of school.  Jeff dropped Maddie and Jayd off at the highschool on his way to work, and Allie was given a ride to school with her carpool group.  Gabe and I stayed home to kickoff his wonderful year of homeschool!  It was a very strange school beginning for me.  I didn't run into my friends wandering around the school holding their little ones hands.  There wasn't any wide eyed faces showing a range of emotions, joy, unhappiness, fear and excitement.  I didn't stand in a line with other parents waiting for the bell to ring and the teacher to come out and welcome the class.  There were no waves as they disappeared into another chapter of their lives.  There was no lonely walk home.  It was a great day!  Here are some of the faces that I sent off, and kept home this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment