I thought that my pumpkin patch days were over now that my youngest son is nearing the end of elementary school. However, that is not to be my fate. I was able to grasp at one last chance to be a mom at the pumpkin patch yet again this past week. Gabe's community school was going on a field trip there. Initially, I didn't think that he would be very interested, but he was very excited to go. So we signed up and headed there. This time, the allure was not the hay ride (which was surprisingly devoid of hay), or selecting the perfect round pumpkin (he wants to make pumpkin pie out of the pumpkin this year), the main event was the corn maze. He had seen a show on TV where they take the son in a corn maze and loose him. The TV show takes place in Indiana. It is a little harder to come by corn maze's in Southern California, but there was one at the pumpkin patch, so away we went. As we went through the maze, we tested the theory of always turning right. I suppose you could say that it worked, because we did eventually find the hay pyramid (which was really constructed of hay), but that theory also led us to many dead ends. I did find it useful to help us avoid going over the same ground multiple times. It doesn't seem like it would be very hard, but once you are surrounded by green corn stalks and every turn looks the same, I can see how it would be easy to become lost. We ended our trip with a quick walk through the farm zoo. I enjoyed my day with Gabe at the pumpkin patch. I am glad that we were able to revisit this activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment