Sunday, February 2, 2014

Philicellphia

Allie loves her science class.  This week she had a science project.  She was required to make a cell city, factory, or basically some kind of metaphor that included all the working parts of a cell.  I thought it was a great idea to cement some of the ideas of cell function for the kids.  Since Gabe was studying the same thing in his science unit, they worked on it together.  The assignment was to make a poster, but Allie wanted to do a 3D model for extra credit.  The three of us had a great time working on the project together.  I do enjoy working with Allie on projects, she is so creative and does things that I wouldn't even think of doing.  She must have a bit of Jeff's engineering mind as well, because not only does she envision something, she also can devise a way to make it just like she wants it (it usually involves tape).  I hope that she does well on her project.

No comments:

Post a Comment