Sunday, March 9, 2014

A comedy of errors

And one thing just led to another until we arrived at this!
 So last week we ran into a comedy of errors.  On Sunday, I filled up the trunk with my scrapbook stuff to return home from my annual week at the Balboa house.  It was quite tightly packed, but it all fit nicely in the trunk.  On Monday, I did not unload it because I wanted to leave the stuff in the garage for a few days, but wasn't sure where to put it.  Monday afternoon, I put the checkbook for the volleyball boosters in the backseat. About 20 minutes later, I tried to get the checkbook.  It wasn't where I put it, so I started to look around.  There was too much junk in the car, so I grabbed a grocery bag and stuffed it in the trunk.  I searched the car, but could not find the checkbook.  So then I thought there might have been a small possibility that it fell in the bag that I put in the trunk.  But when I tried to open the trunk, it wouldn't open!  It was stuck.  We couldn't get through the pass through from the backseat to open it because it was too full of stuff to move anything.  There wasn't anything else we could do, so we started pulling off bolts and took the entire backseat out of the car.  It worked I was able to remove all of my scrapbook things from the trunk, and found the bag.  I was right, the checkbook had fallen in the bag.  I was greatly relieved to have found it.  But Jeff was unable to fix the trunk for 2 days, so anytime I took the kids somewhere, they had to ride in a modified back seat!  We decided it was legal because there were still seatbelts, although I can't imagine it was comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment