Saturday, June 7, 2014

Seminary Graduation

As a senior, Maddie graduated from seminary this year.  It is hard to believe that I have been getting up at 6:00 in the morning to go to seminary for 4 years now!  I only have 6 more years to go.  I have been very proud of Maddie and Jayd's seminary attendance.  Our stake sets levels of accomplishments to earn a gold, silver, or bronze medal.  Maddie has earned 4 gold medals, and Jayd has earned 3 gold medals.  I am so proud of them for earning these medals.  They have to work hard memorizing scriptures, reading personal scriptures for 10 minutes nearly every day, and most important, having 90% attendance.  I have been so impressed at how willing they are to go to seminary.  It is a part of their lives.  I don't even remember them asking me to stay home.  I am grateful for this program and I am grateful for the wonderful teenagers in my home!
At the graduation, the seniors are asked to make a display outlining a few of the things that are important in their lives.  Below is Maddie's display.  Among the things displayed, butterflies, personal progress, AP books, Toby, music and lots and lots of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment