
This year my baby girl graduated from highschool. It seems like just yesterday she was doing....well, anything that was part of growing up and not graduating! The ceremony was very nice. Although it was outside on a Southern California summer day, it was in the evening, and we were sitting in the shade. The program was short, yet fulfilling and elegant. Maddie was one of the first to receive her diploma due to her high GPA. We were grateful that all of her grandparents, her Aunt Debbie and of course, her family were able to attend the ceremony

I am so happy/sad, excited/scared, and confident/nervous about graduating and going to college. But the one emotion that doesn't have a yin/yang relationship is pride. I am so proud of her. I am so proud of all of her accomplishments in highschool. She strove to do her best and to constantly challenge herself and enjoy all of the hallmarks and rites of passage that highschool brings. In addition, I am very proud of the woman that she has become, strong, confident, generous, compassionate, responsible, and loyal. I know that she is prepared to go out and face the world. Go Maddie! We are behind you all the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment