Saturday, July 19, 2014

San Antonio



We stopped by San Antonio on our way home.  We planned to see the Alamo.  Since I had been told multiple times there was really only one wall remaining from the original Alamo, I thought that this would be a quick stop.  Boy, was I misled!  There was an entire complex, full of trees, grass, flowers and vibrant life.  We were all astounded, this was not what we pictured at all.  We eventually found that the complex was behind the area of the actual fort.  There was a shrine, the original church from the mission.  That is the only remaining portion of the mission/fort.  The fort actually surrounded the plaza in front of the shrine.  In other words, we entered from the back.  But it was still beneficial because we were able to go into the reconstructed long barracks where they housed various museum artifacts related to the Alamo.  There was a considerable line to enter the shrine, but we were able to get through it fairly quickly and into the shrine where those that fought so bravely for Texan freedom were defeated.  I am glad that we were able to stop by the Alamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment