Sunday, May 23, 2010

Stuck on Stucco


It has been a long time since I posted anything about the garage. I know some of you have been wondering about the progress. I haven't posted anything because it seems to be going so slow that it doesn't seem newsworthy to post anything, but I will attempt to catch you up!
The construction is just moving right along. Over the past two weeks they have been working on the stucco. It is a long process only because they must do a coat, then let it dry for 3-4 days, then do another coat. There were 3 coats in all. The stucco is done now, although I am still waiting for it to dry and become the color of my other stucco. It is pretty close except for this one glaring patch right next to my front door. I am starting to worry, it has been a week!
In addition to the stucco, they also moved the window in Jayd's room. It has made the biggest difference! Now that the window is on the north side of the house, and in the corner of the room nearest the hallway, the light from the window shines into our previously dark and ominous hallway. Now when I walk down the hallway, it seems so much lighter and airier! I hadn't thought about that effect at all, but I am delighted with the result.
I will try to keep posting about the progress. But it seems that now they will be doing little things here and there that must be completed. Then it will be done! They keep saying about a week, but I still don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment