Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fright Fest

We went to Magic Mountain on Friday night for FRIGHT FEST. I took my kids and a few friends. They had decorated the park with lots and lots of spider webs. There were pumpkins on all of the lampposts. Many of the lights were turned off, making it quite dark throughout the park. They had turned off the lights on the roller coasters as well. I didn't think that it would make that much of a difference, but it really did. It felt different to be rushing through the cool fall air in the dark. In some areas, there were fog machines and ghouls wandering about. Allie and Gabe didn't like the ghouls (we accidentally wandered into that area, then fiercely avoided all other scare zones). At one point we walked all the way around the park the long way to avoid a scare zone! They also had special shows. We went to see the hypnotist show. It was really amazing. They did very silly things on the stage and despite our intial reservations, we laughed the whole way through!

1 comment:

  1. When I read about Maddie's "reward" with another geometry test if made me think of Jeff when he was in school. He would say "If I finish my work early, they just punish me by giving me more work!"
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete