Today is October 10, 2010, or in other nomenclature 10-10-10. Being the very silly mom that I am, I decided we needed to celebrate the only day that will be a perfect 10 for the next 100 years. So I arranged for 10 activities to do during the day to celebrate 10. Here is what we did:
We had to take a picture at 10:10 in the morning of 10-10-10.
I hid 10 bags with 10 gummi bears in each bag around the house. I tried to hide them in places that the kids would find them as they went through their daily activities.
We read ten scriptures that were from chapter 10 verse 10. I was a little worried that we would have a very strange scriptures, but they turned out to be quite profound and meaningful.
I gave them each 10 dimes. Gabe thought it should have been 10 dollars, but that would have been ten 100 cents, not ten 10 cents.
We made 10 plates with 10 cookies each to take to 10 of our friends. Due to Allie's cake the day before, we even had 10 different colors of frosting to decorate them with. The hardest part about this activity was limiting the number of friends to 10!
We found 10 words that had 10 letters in them. Our words were cafetorium, brainstorm, permission, profession, sferrazzas, scheduling, priesthood, testaments, television, and confounded.
We made 10's out of breadsticks. I had originally planned to make pancakes, but that plan was scratched when I remembered that it was fast Sunday.
We each played ten notes on our instruments. It is very convenient that we happen to have 5 instruments so that we could create a truly awful noise. Gabe played the trombone, Allie played the flute, Jayd was on the french horn, Maddie was on the clarinet and I was on the piano.
We each wrote down 10 things we would like to do during our lifetimes. Gabe is going to be a renaissance man, he wrote down 9 professions and "jump off airplane". Maddie wanted to "somehow convince mom to take me to the store to buy something for the dance next week." Allie wanted to "inherit the idea of 10-10-10" and "help Mom with everything" (I really liked that last one). Jayd wants to own a car lot, he wrote down 4 cars that he wants to own, including a high tech RV.
Our last activity lasted throughout the day, we took 10 pictures! We needed one more picture, so we took a picture of our 10 hands! We really enjoyed celebrating our perfect day of 10's. By the end of the day, Allie and Gabe were already planning activities for 11-11-11 and 12-12-12!
No comments:
Post a Comment