Sunday, August 10, 2014

No More White

This week, I painted the last white wall in my house.  That's right, there aren't any white walls left in my house.  It doesn't really seem like it because the trim, the doors and the ceilings are still white.  I didn't even really notice until Maddie pointed it out.  Then I had to run around the house and check, but it is true, it was the last white wall in the house.
Where was it?  The kids/guest/general bathroom of course. It really needed to be a different color since the whiteness of the wall and the ceiling made it look big and empty.  It is basically the same color as the hallway.  I haven't decided yet if I am going to paint under the chair rail.  I might paint it blue.  But after painting it, I decided to move the beach wall into the bathroom.  The pictures look right at home on that wall, and the shells will make lovely decorations.  I don't even miss the display in the living room.  The whole move was a good thing and has improved both rooms in my house.
Since we were working on the bathroom, we decided to remove the toilet for a day or two, then put it back on.......okay, not really.  That was not part of the remodel, Gabe flushed a handful of paper towels down, and it was the only way to get them out.  It was great fun (tongue in cheek) to explain to the Japanese student that the toilet was missing, and she would have to use our bathroom for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment