Sunday, June 13, 2010

Graduation


To mark the end of another academic milestone, there was an 8th grade promotion ceremony for Maddie this week. The ceremony was held at the school in the amphitheater during school hours. So Jayd was in school (watching movies in homeroom) while the 8th graders were graduating 100 yards away. Since I had to take Jayd to school, I just stayed and reserved some seats. We had front row seats (although that didn't prevent parents from standing in front of us to snap a quick picture of their student). I was very impressed with the whole procession. To announce the 600 students, they employed two sides of the stage and alternated calling out the students names. This way, they were able to go very quickly. The principal stood in the middle and just swiveled back and forth to shake everybody's hand. I would have been seasick by the end if I were her. But we were happy to see her officially graduate, and it was fun to see her celebrate with her friends afterward. Next year, my little girl is off to the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment