Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Couldn't be Funner

Whew, the first week of summer!! I was looking forward to the first week of summer when all of the scheduled events would be over and maybe I could accomplish a few things in my life. What was I thinking? I forget how summer has a life of it's own. For the kids, there are lazy days with not much to do, peppered by days where mom takes them on an adventure. There is no such laziness for me as I try to pack in all of my normal activities while taking a few days off for adventure! But truthfully, I really do enjoy summer when the schedule is lax, and I can go on adventures with my children. It really is my favorite time of year. So if I don't get around to dusting the living room, oh well. I only have so many summers with my children left in my future and I am not going to miss any of them.
This week, Maddie headed off to girls camp. We were sad to be missing our Maddie, Gabe asked where she was every morning when we gathered for scriptures. I will try to convince her to write about her adventures.
Jayd still has baseball practice everyday, so we had to curb our activities and be home before 4:00 so he could eat something and be on time to practice at 4:30.
My goal is to take Allie and Gabe swimming at least twice a week. They need to practice swimming, especially Gabe who informed me that he has forgotten how to swim.
But we had a great first week of summer, and am looking forward to all the weeks that are coming. For a more detailed account, see The Very Flooped Children article.

No comments:

Post a Comment