Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Refer: 10202010

So I am having way too much fun with the date lately, probably my love of numbers and their symmetry. Today is 10-20-2010, the palindrome day. It is the same backwards and forwards, in a sense. So I looked up palindromes (words that are spelled the same backwards and forwards) on the internet and found several fun words, and even a few phrases. Here are some of my favorites:

evitative
kayak
level
madam
racecar
radar
redder
reviver
solos
stats
sexes
testset

A man, a plan, a canal: Panama.
Desserts, I stressed!
Evil did I dwell; lewd I did live.
Live not on evil.
Was it a car or a cat I saw?
Yo, banana boy!
No lemon, no melon.
Dammit, I'm mad!

3 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who liked dates and numbers. I am upset that I missed yesterday. I never had to write the date or I would have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a few things:

    1. Wait what??? Mell likes numbers??? oh wait what? Mell likes symmetry????? Stop the presses! This is BIG news here!!! ;-)

    2. Here I am thinking that you are a very busy person with far too much to do and not enough time to get it done. Then I read this post. You just lost all your "Mell must not be answering my calls or calling me back because she's busy" chances.

    3. Did you just say Dammit? Who are you and do your children read your blog? Considering "bored" is a bad word, I'm sure they'd have something to say about dammit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commenting on Jenny's #3, I decided it was acceptable because it didn't have a "n". The bad word has a "n".

    ReplyDelete